Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NEW TO ME

We tend to limit our lives in Los Angeles to the neighborhoods we live in, understandably. So I shouldn't be surprised when I "discovered" a new area I had no knowledge of previously.

My friend, colleague, and fellow blogger Heather Presha, over at Living In Leimert, has been introducing me to Leimert Park, Baldwin Hills (Nicknamed the "Golden Ghetto" or "The Black Beverly Hills"), and the View Park-Windsor Hills area.

Besides Leimert Park Village and all the beautiful 1920's and 30's Spanish style homes, one of my favorite things there are the amazing mid-century homes along Mt. Vernon Drive and in the surrounding neighborhoods.

Here are some of my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Glad you're getting the word out about these neighborhoods. Thank you!

    HP

    ReplyDelete